Asking the right questions that can change your life?

THE UNEXAMINED LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING". Socrates--

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What needs to change for permanent weight loss to occur?

Check out the latest book to end obesity - overweight - or fat being the main focus in your life! 

After recently losing 70 lbs myself.  Learned a lot of things I thought I already knew.  But knowing it doesn't get the weight off!

It was the action - actually it  was the action of journaling what I ate that was more effective for me than just working out and riding my bike.  It was noticing what I ate and more importantly - WHAT WAS EATING ME!

Carolyn Hansen - states that are 5 stages of change!
  • Pre-contemplation
  • Contemplation
  • Preparation
  • Action
  • Maintenance  
  • Question = what Stage are you at?  Why?

3 comments:

  1. There are alot of things eating me! So that's why I stay in the pre-contemplation stage. Besides seems like it cost alot to lose weight no matter what method you choose and finances are an issue for me right now so how is this different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at the preparation stage - or so, I believe. I know why I need and want to lose and what I need to do to lose the weight. Now, I am preparing myself to move into more action. Last year my goal was 50 pounds. I lost 20 without a lot of effort. The 50 would have happened, but something held me back. That's why I am here - to find that missing thing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Diane - looking forward to saying later this year that I lost that 50#!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - what's different about this program is that - you have 2 choices.

    1. To not buy my books or affirmation deck and just journal what you eat everyday and review it weekly. That program is free! It only cost time and an honest look at you truly eat daily - then to document with the same honesty - what is REALLY eating YOU that day.

    2. Buy the book - which is only $20 - follow the tips - tools - suggestions given
    Join a support team that keeps you motivated and on track by sharing your challenges.

    Either the way - it's still less painful than surgery. More permanent than pills and diets. And more rewarding to undercover the Core Belief that is holding you hostage to the fat! Hope you join us this month with Re-Setting your life.

    Marilyn, I am looking forward to the before and after photos! It feels reallll good whenever you haven't seen someone in awhile and you've lost the weight; and their reaction to the new YOU! Imagine that now - so it will manifest shortly!

    ReplyDelete